Sunday, May 11, 2008

My first job



My first job was in 2001. I was working as a biotechnology attending in virus vaccine production for animals. This company is called PRONABIVE; it is an abbreviation of National Producer of Biological Veterinarian and it is located in Mexico City.
PRONABIVE is the producer for all animal's vaccines which will be selling for all the farmers. They are focus in porks, horses, dogs an cats. I was working there for one year in a half.
My principal activities were into the lab area which is specialized in virus vaccines
for example rage and pork fever. I was in charge for the production process. PRONABIVE has many different processes and they depend of the vaccine but the process is almost the same.
The production process has different steps; first you have to grow the cell where the virus will be breeding, it takes around 3 days. After this, when you have got a determinate number of cells you have to inject the virus, it is one of the most important moments of the process because the success of the process will depend of this step and you must do it carefully and with precision. When the injection is successful the virus should grow up for 72 hours, after that you have got the virus and you have to recollect it. The virus is frozen at -40 (almost Calgary winter) for two weeks and is ready to make the vaccine. At this time the virus is used to make the vaccine dial. Even thought the process is easy it is very dangerous because you are working with an active virus and you can be infected easily if you don’t take the correct preventions and if you don’t follow the correct techniques.
Personally I enjoyed a lot to do this job because I could apply all the knowledge that I have got in my major and I learnt a lot. After I had been working in this laboratory I moved in another job where I could get better benefits and rewards. Even it was a long time ago I remember me as a biotechnology attending with pleasure and longing.

4 comments:

♥ Sunny ♥ said...

Hi. Mario.
These days I'm happy. beacuse i meet with you again. you konw?? Your first job is difficult to me.
but i felt that your first job was so interesting.

Stacey said...

Your first job looks difficult and have to be careful. So I can't it. You're wonderful~

Weith Kick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Weith Kick said...

Hello Mario... I stumbled across your blog. Your first job sounds very interesting. I live in America. I will follow your blog for other interesting things you have to say. Good job!